Profile image for sandraBriars

i feel that I must congratulate the council. I have been very proud to live in Christchurch this summer. How many places have free entertainment for the children!? The new splash park is fantastic, I live within hearing distance of the wonderful sound of children enjoying this great facility. Yesterday we went for our usual stroll along the river to feed the swans and ducks and were so pleasantly surprised by the "Fit Festival". We could not believe how much free entertainment there was for the children and families. The area was packed and everyone was having such a good time. I have lived in Christchurch for 35 years and have never felt so proud as I have this summer. Everytime we go for a walk to the Priory and back we see how lucky we are and know that the tourists think so too. The Captains Club is also another fantastic asset and so popular. We are now pensioners and are well catered for but one thing that I would like and suggest is a petangue pitch in the park up the Wick Lane end. We are frequent visitors to France and enjoy a game of boules over there. They have pitches in every little village and the friendships that are made are heartening. They need very little outlay or space and with so many of us pensioners around and well travelled I think that it would be well used. Just a thought for you to consider.
Well done again !

By sandraBriars at 19:05 on 19/09/10

Re-post           

• Profile image for thefanman1

Great idea, I will see what can be done. And how nice to hear someone being absolutely positive about this great community of Christchurch.

By thefanman1 at 14:12 on 22/09/10

• Profile image for blacksteff0

Christchurch has so much going for it. I love it here !

By blacksteff0 at 15:23 on 22/09/10

• Profile image for DomCar

Christchurch is indeed a great place to live. The council can do loads for its community and are doing so, lets hope they keep it up.

By DomCar at 15:52 on 11/10/10

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent