Profile image for Robert Swain Electrical Services

When are the council going to address the traffic issue in Highcliffe, Christchurch. Heavy goods vehicles using the village as a short cut?
Someone will be seriously injured or killed soon!

Re-post           

• Profile image for rogertb

I am constantly stunned by the heavy goods coming through Christchurch, there's a big problem in 'Bargates' especially the gravel lorries, the road surface has just been repaired, at whatever cost, but will need doing again pretty soon. As mentioned above, when someone is killed something might be done about it ...

By rogertb at 07:00 on 09/09/11

• Profile image for simosimpson

A tragic story of a pensioner being hit by a cyclist yesterday is/was an accident waiting to happen. Today at .7.45 I was knocked by a cyclist on the pavement between Jumpers rounabout and Iford Bridge. WhenI asked the cyclist to use the cyclepath [right next to the pavement[, I was given a mouthful of abuse. This is a regular occurance [almost daily] when walking the dogs.
    Cyclists think they have a right to be there and are often ringing on the bell or hailing abuse because we are 'blocking their path'. WHEN WILL THE POLICE ACT? They could probably raise much needed revenue by fining these idiots. If at 57 I can cycle on the road and cycle paths WHY CAN'T EVERYONE ELSE?
    I don't object to school children IN UNIFORM cycling with care or people over 65 [also slowly and with care] but those between 16 and 65 should be fit enought to use the roads. If they feel they arn't safe then they should use public transport. I sincerely hope that this lady recovers soon. This morning in Boscombe High Street no fewer than 7 cyclists were weaving at speed between pedestrians IN A PEDESTRIAN ONLY ZONE! Come on police get out in the public areas and start making an example of these idiots.

By simosimpson at 18:11 on 22/09/11

• Profile image for simosimpson

As soon as the council confirm exactly where they propose to accomodate the travellers will someone post on this site please.

By simosimpson at 18:13 on 22/09/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent