Profile image for Jonesy2207

Hi all, I'm running in the London marathon in April and trying to raise as much money, and as much awareness of two fantastic charities, the first is Nightingale House Hospice in Wrexham, North Wales, it will obviously not raise much awareness in this area, as they do specifically look after people within the North Wales and surrounding areas, but they do great work there. Even though I live in Christchurch I am originally from North Wales, hence the connection. The second charity is DebRA who are a national charity looking after people with a terrible skin condition EB. Please take a look at my web site http://tinyurl.com/4vhbfzg where you will find links to the charities web sites and you can gain more information about the fantastic work they do.

By Jonesy2207 at 21:54 on 29/01/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for FlatStanley

Good luck to you. Have you done the marathon before? It must be agony, I don't know how people manage it, especially those who dress up in those weird and wonderful costumes. Will you be dressed up?

By FlatStanley at 13:15 on 02/02/11

• Profile image for Jonesy2207

!st time at doing it, and no, no costumes, going to be bad enough getting around dressed as me! Just trying to raise as much sponsorship as possible for two fantastic charities.

By Jonesy2207 at 17:50 on 02/02/11

• Profile image for SailGirl

Well done and keep it up! Amazing achievement.

By SailGirl at 21:46 on 03/02/11

Thanks; please spread the word about the sponsorship!! http://tinyurl.com/5rf9xc4

By Jonesy2207 at 21:51 on 03/02/11

• Profile image for chapelgate

I know how hard it is to raise money for these kinds of events. If you would like to organise additional events, I am happy to offer Bournemouth Sports Club as a fund raising venue, for events such as a race night, or a bingo night, or a ticket dance event etc. Please contact me at the club (01202 581933). Good luck Simon Stewart

By chapelgate at 14:38 on 04/02/11

Many thanks for that, and many thanks for all your good luck wishes - I'd be even more grateful to get more sponsorship :)
    Please read this story http://tinyurl.com/6kemwgq and you'll see why I'm trying to raise as much money, and as much awareness as possible - it really is a fantastic cause, and even a couple of pound will make a huge difference to the total, as it all adds up. www,virginmoneygiving.com/richardjones2207

By Jonesy2207 at 20:45 on 04/02/11

• Profile image for McAngry

Well done, I will certainly pop along and sponsor you.

By McAngry at 11:57 on 16/02/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent