Profile image for themanorfarm

Echo Temporary Take-Away Bridge Street

This reads as though local residents are trying to destroy this business. This is not the case. The current owners arrived towards the end of 2009 and started serving take away food immediately despite there being a condition attached to the planning consent forbidding take away sales (they would have been fully aware of this); this condition had been in effect since the 1980’s. They only applied for planning consent after a planning enforcement officer contacted them regarding the condition.
At the planning committee meeting in 2010 their agent stated the following,
“The new owners wish to be able to, from time to time allow food to be taken from the premises for consumption elsewhere and that this is a rare occurrence”.
If you check their website and tourist information websites you will find a dedicated take away menu and take away advertised. So the planning committee’s description of ancillary seems incorrect. And take away sales are far from a rare occurrence.
This establishment has been a restaurant for many years but not a take away. The residents are the losers here the restaurant owners have what they have always had a restaurant but now they have a take away at the expense of the local residents. As for meeting the owners there is no need, the answer is simple stop serving take away.
Personally I have not noticed any issue with litter, but cars coming and going until late at night and the associated noise this I have noticed.
This take away is not an asset to Bridge Street and permission should not have been given permission.

By themanorfarm at 08:07 on 14/05/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for steff_emz

Who are you referring to ? i didn't see an article about this but I do sympathise with the residents, any additional noise especially late at night is awful if you're trying to sleep or have kiddies being woken up.

By steff_emz at 22:40 on 29/05/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent